Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Another first in Mexico

Well, if I had written this account earlier today, I would have said it was another uneventful day.  School went well, Tom came home after classes, one of our students came in for a visit.  Then tonight I offered to take Susan to an eye appointment.  It was a way to get out of the house and help out a little at the same time.  Well, after I dropped her off at the office, I headed down through a "colonia" to the main street, just taking my time and enjoying the ride.  There were people everywhere, and a school had just let out.  I manuvered my way through to an intersection and saw a vehicle approaching.  I slammed on my brakes, and so did she.  The long and the short of it is that I was found at fault for failing to yield to a non-existant stop sign.  The police explained that there SHOULD have been a stop sign, and therefore I was at fault.  I don't get it either, but after sitting on the sidewalk for 4 hours, I was done arguing.  Matthew and Susan came to my rescue, and helped me with the process.  No one was hurt, and there wasn't too much damage done to the vehicle either.  My insurance guy agreed with the verdict, so I didn't put up too much of a fight.  

I'm tired, but I'm trying to remember my last paragraph from yesterday.  Counting my blessings.  Praising God in all things.  And my favorite quote;  "That could have been alot worse".

No comments:

Post a Comment