Sunday, April 26, 2009

Well, it seems everyone has something to say about this new possible epidemic.  The swine flu has been in the news now for a few days, but tonight the heath department of Mexico decided that all schools in Nuevo Leon will be closed for 2 weeks.  Apart from being happy to have Tom home that long, I am wondering how concerned I should be.

I don't want to over-react, but I would feel so guilty if my kids were to get sick from my under-reaction too.  Tom and I discussed canceling "homeschool" with Susan's kids tomorrow.  They were at a conference last week, and we were at a different church tonight, and we don't know any of those people, and where they have been.  We would love to say "no, we'll be fine", but the truth is, how damaging would that be to our relationships if one of our kids got the other family sick?  Tom thinks we ought to wait 3 days (the incubation period) and make sure none of our kids caught anything this weekend.

And so the students will go home again for a couple more weeks.  It will be lonely here without them, but it will be easier to keep to ourselves.  I don't ever want any of them to feel unwelcome in our home.  Maybe we can get all cleaned up and ready for summer.

And speaking of summer, why wait?  Why hang around for 2 weeks here in Monterrey?  It is so tempting to just pack up and go to Nova Scotia.  We could have a nice visit with our family there, and still have plenty of time for Tri-City.  We can't leave if there will still be a graduation and Pastor's conference, but if not, then let's go!!

Oh, yeah.  Someone stole the glass from our passenger side rear-view mirror.  They apparently tried to steal the driver's side too, but broke it in the process.  I don't think they were just being distructive - they could have slashed the tires.  I think they needed glass for a rearview mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment